A PhD Contract for an outstanding candidate to undertake research on Future Autonomic Smart DevOps Techniques. - 2 Open Positions.
The expected outcome of the research is a PhD dissertation concerning the development of scalable and robust algorithms to apply intelligent techniques for task automation in the DevOps field.
The PhD position is open at the Intelligent System Group <http://www.gsi.dit.upm.es/> Department of Telematic Engineering <http://www.dit.upm.es/> at the Telecommunication Engineer School <http://www.etsit.upm.es/> in Universidad Politécnica de Madrid <http://www.upm.es/> .
Eligibility criteria - Profile
- The candidate is expected to have a Master’s Degree or an equivalent in Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, or a related field with a strong academic background in Machine learning, Linked Data, Natural Language Processing, Agent Technology and/or DevOps.
- Applicants with an experience in one or more of the above academic fields are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are requested a good knowledge of written and oral English. Spanish speaking skills are appreciated.
- Applicants are requested good proven programming skills, preferably in Java and Python (e.g. master thesis, software development experience, etc.)
- A high level achievement and experience in multi-disciplinary collaboration is an advantage.
- To conduct research on future Autonomic Smart DevOps techniques.
- To develop novel techniques on machine learning algorithms and to evaluating them through simulated environments.
- To publish and present results both at international conferences and in high impact scientific journals of the field.
- To collaborate in challenging and competitive research projects both in the proposal redaction and in the project execution.
- Enthusiastic and young team of developers, researchers, post-docs and professors.
- Inspiring, flexible and very dynamic environment.
- Full-time position with competitive salary based on applicant’s skills.
- Work contract should start in the following months after the application and should last for three years.
How to apply
We will carefully review your application and you will be contacted for further interviews.
The Intelligent Systems Group (GSI, Grupo de Sistemas Inteligentes <http://www.gsi.dit.upm.es/>) is a research group acknowledged by the Technical University of Madrid (UPM, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid <http://www.upm.es/>).
Our staff consists of 11 professors, 7 researchers and collaborators from several departments of the university, mainly from the Department of Telematic Systems Engineering (DIT, Departamento de Ingeniería de Sistemas Telemáticos <http://www.dit.upm.es/>).
Since 1982, our group has conducted research, development and innovation in theories, methods and applications of artificial intelligent techniques, specially in intelligent agents, semantics technologies, machine learning and language engineering.